Mantle Drive Luxury Estate
4604 Mantle Drive ~ $5,500,000
Acres: .90 Area: Somerset at Westview
Sqft: 11,009 Year Built: 2002
Bedrooms: 5 Dining: 2
Bathrooms: 7.5 Garage: 5
Amenities: Gated Enclave ~ Resort Style Heated Pool/Spa ~ Outdoor Shower & Half Bath ~ Outdoor Fire Place
Wine Cellar ~ Media Theatre ~ Billiards/Game Room ~ Executive Office ~ Hill Country Views
Contemporary Villa in Prestigious Somerset
Contemporary European villa in prestigious Somerset on Mantle Drive, a gated enclave in Westlake just minutes from 360 and convenient to downtown. Nestled in the hills, this property overlooks a lush greenbelt, offering intimate views of the greenery and a wet-weather creek from the main floor and spectacular vistas all the way to the UT tower from the second level. Inspired by European craftsmanship, the stately stone façade is accented with arched windows and iron-railed balconies that frame shady terraces front and back. The lower-level terrace enjoys plenty of space for dining and relaxing and faces a resort-style fenced pool surrounded by trees for privacy.
Grand Style Designed for Entertaining
On arriving from the oak-shaded courtyard, guests will enter the vast great room reminiscent of grand reception halls of the past with a dramatic fireplace anchoring one end and French doors opening out the terrace. Designed for truly elegant entertaining, the hall flows to a formal dining room with a large bar on one side and a cozy billiards room on the other. Just a few steps down a spiral staircase lies a 1,500-bottle wine room so you will never be short of libations. Past the formal spaces is the oversized gourmet kitchen which opens to a family room and breakfast room, both with lush green views and patio access. The main floor also features a guest suite with private access to the garage.
Luxurious, Flexible Family Spaces
The second level hosts the primary suite, featuring a grand bedroom/sitting room with a cozy fireplace, treetop views and French doors open to a private terrace. A sumptuous bath leads to two large walk-in closets. Three additional en-suite bedrooms surround a light and bright playroom, the family will also enjoy movie nights in the cozy media room. This level offers exceptional flexibility with a paneled executive office, media room, exercise room, study, laundry and flex room all offering space for different activities. Throughout the home you will find a craftsman’s attention to detail and artisan finishes, designed to evoke an elegant, yet livable ambiance.
Additional Notable Features
- .90-acre lot with adjacent preserve, wet weather creek, and hill country views
- Exterior comprised of hand-selected limestone with slate roof and gas lanterns.
- Large motor court with five garage stalls.
- Great room with 1,100 square feet of entertaining space, coffered ceiling, stone fireplace with built-in woodbox and slate hearth, custom iron chandeliers
- Formal dining room with built-in wet bar with refrigerator and icemaker.
- Chef’s kitchen with exposed beams, five-burner range, two infrared warmers, convection ovens and dishwashers. Includes a butler’s pantry, custom milled cherry wood cabinets and Russian walnut flooring. Breakfast room includes built-in storage serving buffet.
- Custom wine room with cedar paneled walls, custom built-ins, and racks for up to 1,500 bottles of wine. Offers an exterior doorway access for easy delivery of cases of wine.
- Home theatre with full surround sound system, large 108″ screen, and ceiling mounted HD projector.
- Five bedroom suites, four upstairs and one down.
- Resort-style pool & spa with outdoor shower, pool bath, and storage room.
- Low 1.87% tax rate.
- Highly ranked Eanes schools